I am so excited. I have just received the “One Lovely Blogger Award” from the awesomely witty http://allthingsboys.wordpress.com/. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now, please visualize a short round person–let’s say a female Danny DeVito–doing cartwheels and backflips. That’s me. Watch me go. I think I just pulled something.
Don’t worry. My hands are fine. Still able to type.
Apparently, I must now come up with another round of 7 Random Things About Me. I have recently discovered that I am a very “random” person–I’m not sure if it was a compliment or a dig–but today, this skill (or flaw) will come in handy.
1. I eat my food funny. Let me qualify this statement. I still use my mouth and chew and swallow like normal people. It is my method of “organizing” my food that is strange. Apparently. I always save the best until last. A Wunderbar involves eating the chocolate and caramel skin first. The PB centre is my reward. A piece of pizza must be eaten crust first, then toppings that are not cheese, then soggy pizza bottom. Last and definitely not least, I eat the cheese. Which could explain my problematic constipation. It has occurred to me that I would eat less if I saved the worst for last. But then I’d never eat my veggies.
2. I love yard sales. Don’t get me wrong. There are aspects of rooting through other people’s junk that are rather…um…off-putting. But every now and then, you find a gem. Like my lamp with feet. Or my rocking horse elephant. A rocking elephant, I guess. Or my tea pot with feet. Hm. Do I suffer from a strange form of foot fetish?
3. I recently bought a big round brown pillow made of fun fur, put giant eyes on it, and named it “Skippy.” He does not have feet.
4. I lisp when I talk too fast. Which is most of the time. I am a fast-talker. My husband thinks it’s cute when I lisp, so it’s okay.
5. We hate a strange menagerie of wildlife that we feed. A chipmunk named Snoopy (he has an unusually long nose–almost as if his father was a shrew) that comes when he’s called and sits on my lap to eat peanuts. A red squirrel named Patches (he’s been in a lot of fights judging from his bald spots) that also lets us hand feed him. Several blue jays that stand on the deck railings and stare until they are fed. Crows that come for food when I call out “Big Bird.” Yes, the neighbours think I am insane. And they find pieces of food in really strange places. In fact, if I looked at my neighbour’s roof right now, I’d probably see a slab of peanut-butter smeared bread stuck to his shingles or spread across his hedge. And there are a lot of sunflower plants of “mysterious origins” sprouting all around us. Hehe.
6. I hate TV medical dramas. I am far too neurotic and OCD to expose myself to hours of maimed and ailing people. There simply aren’t enough airbags or anti-bacterial soap to conquer the fears that ER or Grey’s Anatomy would spawn in this manic brain.
7. I snort when I laugh. My husband does not think this is cute at all.
Now I have the honour of passing this award on to 15 Lovely Bloggers. Again, I am sorry that I can’t pass it on to all of the blogs I follow, but rules are rules.
1. http://jodiambroseblog.com/ She is hilarious and no topic is off-limits!! She always makes me laugh out loud!
2. http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ I live vicariously through this blog.
3. http://annaweezy.wordpress.com/ I just discovered this blog and she is hilarious. Check it out!
4. http://losjuevos.wordpress.com/ This is the quirkiest blog I’ve seen in a long time. It makes me smile.
5. http://thisthatandtheotherthang.wordpress.com/ This is one of my favourites. I like the way her mind works.
6. http://palomasharma.wordpress.com/ This is one of my other favourites. This girl can write! And make you laugh.
7. http://pickyniki.wordpress.com/ I just discovered this blog and LOVE it. Imagine torturing yourself every day by having to eat something new and weird.
8. http://dearflash.wordpress.com/ Who wouldn’t love seeing life through the eyes of an endearing, short-legged canine? No one, that’s who.
9. http://killsharpcheddar.com/ A cool and eclectic blend of photos, cartoons, and thoughts.
10. http://jefferly.com/ This blog is funny and intelligent.
11. http://agingappropriately.wordpress.com/ Just discovered this blog and LOVED it. Funny.
12.http://doninmass.com/ Quirky and witty.
13. http://kitchenslattern.com/ My day would not be complete without the kitchen slattern. Absolutely hilarious.
14. http://motherhoodisanart.com/about/ Funny and clever take on real life with kids.
15. http://wedelmom.wordpress.com/ This is awesomely funny!!
I am about to tag all 15 of you. You’ve been warned!