This is an awesome day so far and it isn’t even 10 o’clock in the morning yet. It’s my husband’s birthday, so we began the day with the gift opening. And as he flips his way through the newspaper (occasionally using some choice words for the insane asylum that we call “Parliament”), I decided to check out what’s happening on my blog.
And it turns out that I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m so excited!! Here’s a picture of my new award. Isn’t it lovely?
Thank you to http://thebumblefiles.wordpress.com/ for this honour. Her blog is a true slice of life–witty, inspiring, warm, and although I am a new follower, she has tugged at my heartstrings several times already. You really must check it out!
Now, for the business end of things. Excuse me for a moment while I don my Ernst & Young accountant-ish garb and explain the rules:
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog.
- Mention 7 random things about yourself.
- List the rules
- Give the award to 15 or more bloggers.
- Add the award to your blog.
Now, I have slipped in to boxer shorts and a tank top–the requisite attire for sharing (and baring) seven facts about myself. Plus, the tie was interfering with my keyboard. How do men wear these things all day? They are fun to tie though. But why call them ties? I mean I realize that they are “tied,” but women tie scarves. Following the whole tie logic, a scarf should be eaten, a ring should make a noise, an earring should deafen it’s wearer, and a shoe should scare things away (you’re thinking about some of those aren’t you. If the “scarf” thing has you puzzled, in my part of Canada, you “scarf” down a meal).
Okay, seven things about me. No need to tell me to be “random.”
1. I currently have two oddly-shaped peanuts beside my computer. They look like aardvarks. My husband has drawn eyes on them. For some reason, they entertain and inspire me. Like I said–random.
2. I have recently taken a liking to Tropicana Peach Juice mixed with Club Soda. Fizzy and fruity.
3. I collect PEZ dispensers. I have hundreds of them. My favourites are the ant and the aardvark from the Pink Panther. It would seem that aardvarks also play a large role in my life.
4. I have moved 34 times. No, I’m not fleeing my creditors or a loan shark named Vinnie. And, no, I’m not in the Witness Protection Program. My Dad had a job where he got transferred a lot. Now moving is in my system.
5. I have strange preferences when it comes to wild life–I like Daddy-Long-Legs, Crows, Snakes, Groundhogs, and it would appear, Aardvarks. I guess I like the underdog. Speaking of Underdog, I think he is the best Superhero ever.
6. I hate hot dogs. A cylindrical mould formed from a slurry of beaks and feet.
7. Kaleidoscopes fascinate me. Could play with one for hours. Did I mention that I’m a simpleton?
And now for the fun part. Excuse me while I change into something more formal and pretty–a ball gown, perhaps. I now nominate 15 of the most awesome blogs ever for this auspicious award:
1. http://palomasharma.wordpress.com/ I am a huge fan of this blog. She is hilarious, heart-warming, and incredibly deep all at the same time. This is gold.
2. http://dearflash.wordpress.com/ Who couldn’t love a look at the world through the eyes of an endearing little Corgi? I’m hooked.
3. http://kitchenslattern.com/ Don’t read this with a full mouth. It’ll make you laugh and spew your food all over the wall. Great fun!
4. http://ilbelfarniente.wordpress.com/ This is inspirational, funny, and provides me with regular “a-ha” moments.
5. http://laughinglovingeating.wordpress.com/about/ This is a brand new blog by a gifted young writer. I look forward to her future posts.
6. http://aninepoundhammer.com/ Beautiful photos abound. Today’s edition will truly move you.
7. http://jodiambroseblog.com/ She’s back and she’s funnier than ever. This is a hoot!
8. http://craighill.net/ This is filled with fun facts, pop culture, and new knowledge galore. Very “embiggening.”
9. http://todayinhh.com/ This remains one of my all-time favourites. Very clever.
10. http://wedelmom.wordpress.com/ Funny, wise, and so much fun! I love this blog.
11. http://theoctoberseer.wordpress.com/ This is well-written, hilarious, and spot-on.
12. http://thisthatandtheotherthang.wordpress.com/ One of my all-time favs. Especially her Friday editions. This blogger is a hoot to “chat” with too.
13. http://allthingsboys.wordpress.com/ You’ve got to feel for a woman surrounded by testosterone, but she handles it with humour and a very sharp wit. Awesome.
14. http://clotildajamcracker.wordpress.com/ I love this “off-the-wall” and hilarious blog. This is a blogger I’d love to hang out with for the day.
15. http://jefferly.com/ Quirky and funny. I love this mix of hilarious photos and great stories.
I’m not sure how the above writing became so enormous. Nor do I know how to fix it. It looks like I’m yelling.