I am so excited. I have just received the “One Lovely Blogger Award” from the awesomely witty http://allthingsboys.wordpress.com/. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now, please visualize a short round person–let’s say a female Danny DeVito–doing cartwheels and backflips. That’s me. Watch me go. I think I just pulled something.
Don’t worry. My hands are fine. Still able to type.
Apparently, I must now come up with another round of 7 Random Things About Me. I have recently discovered that I am a very “random” person–I’m not sure if it was a compliment or a dig–but today, this skill (or flaw) will come in handy.
1. I eat my food funny. Let me qualify this statement. I still use my mouth and chew and swallow like normal people. It is my method of “organizing” my food that is strange. Apparently. I always save the best until last. A Wunderbar involves eating the chocolate and caramel skin first. The PB centre is my reward. A piece of pizza must be eaten crust first, then toppings that are not cheese, then soggy pizza bottom. Last and definitely not least, I eat the cheese. Which could explain my problematic constipation. It has occurred to me that I would eat less if I saved the worst for last. But then I’d never eat my veggies.
2. I love yard sales. Don’t get me wrong. There are aspects of rooting through other people’s junk that are rather…um…off-putting. But every now and then, you find a gem. Like my lamp with feet. Or my rocking horse elephant. A rocking elephant, I guess. Or my tea pot with feet. Hm. Do I suffer from a strange form of foot fetish?
3. I recently bought a big round brown pillow made of fun fur, put giant eyes on it, and named it “Skippy.” He does not have feet.
4. I lisp when I talk too fast. Which is most of the time. I am a fast-talker. My husband thinks it’s cute when I lisp, so it’s okay.
5. We hate a strange menagerie of wildlife that we feed. A chipmunk named Snoopy (he has an unusually long nose–almost as if his father was a shrew) that comes when he’s called and sits on my lap to eat peanuts. A red squirrel named Patches (he’s been in a lot of fights judging from his bald spots) that also lets us hand feed him. Several blue jays that stand on the deck railings and stare until they are fed. Crows that come for food when I call out “Big Bird.” Yes, the neighbours think I am insane. And they find pieces of food in really strange places. In fact, if I looked at my neighbour’s roof right now, I’d probably see a slab of peanut-butter smeared bread stuck to his shingles or spread across his hedge. And there are a lot of sunflower plants of “mysterious origins” sprouting all around us. Hehe.
6. I hate TV medical dramas. I am far too neurotic and OCD to expose myself to hours of maimed and ailing people. There simply aren’t enough airbags or anti-bacterial soap to conquer the fears that ER or Grey’s Anatomy would spawn in this manic brain.
7. I snort when I laugh. My husband does not think this is cute at all.
Now I have the honour of passing this award on to 15 Lovely Bloggers. Again, I am sorry that I can’t pass it on to all of the blogs I follow, but rules are rules.
1. http://jodiambroseblog.com/ She is hilarious and no topic is off-limits!! She always makes me laugh out loud!
2. http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ I live vicariously through this blog.
3. http://annaweezy.wordpress.com/ I just discovered this blog and she is hilarious. Check it out!
4. http://losjuevos.wordpress.com/ This is the quirkiest blog I’ve seen in a long time. It makes me smile.
5. http://thisthatandtheotherthang.wordpress.com/ This is one of my favourites. I like the way her mind works.
6. http://palomasharma.wordpress.com/ This is one of my other favourites. This girl can write! And make you laugh.
7. http://pickyniki.wordpress.com/ I just discovered this blog and LOVE it. Imagine torturing yourself every day by having to eat something new and weird.
8. http://dearflash.wordpress.com/ Who wouldn’t love seeing life through the eyes of an endearing, short-legged canine? No one, that’s who.
9. http://killsharpcheddar.com/ A cool and eclectic blend of photos, cartoons, and thoughts.
10. http://jefferly.com/ This blog is funny and intelligent.
11. http://agingappropriately.wordpress.com/ Just discovered this blog and LOVED it. Funny.
12.http://doninmass.com/ Quirky and witty.
13. http://kitchenslattern.com/ My day would not be complete without the kitchen slattern. Absolutely hilarious.
14. http://motherhoodisanart.com/about/ Funny and clever take on real life with kids.
15. http://wedelmom.wordpress.com/ This is awesomely funny!!
I am about to tag all 15 of you. You’ve been warned!
Thank you so much!!
Awww…..Thank you so much for nominating me!!! That is really kind of you! I don’t know that I deserve it but I’ll definitely take it! I love your blog and you’re always making me laugh!
P.S. I adore yard sales and I’m a snorter too!!
Yay! Snorters unite.
Omg, if there wasn’t a giant forrest between Wisco and Canadia, I’d run over and give you an ejaculatory embrace. Thank you so much, sister/my fellow Danny Devito look-alike;) I’m so creaming in my cut off shorts! I can’t thank you enough- you made my day-go. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Okay, back to cynicism and one-eyed tampons;) There will be a gratuitous post mentioning your wiles. Again, my gratitude. You rock.
No, you rock!!
Tough to follow Anna F. with an acceptance and thank you. You absolutely do rock, and I thank you for bringing your A game to each and every post. Not everyone has a strong enough stomach to hang around the Slattern’s kitchen on a regular basis, so you are clearly made of sterner stuff than the average blogger. Kudos on the award, and thank you so much for paying it forward.
You are very welcome. Your blog is one of my favourites, so it would seem that I have a cast iron stomach. Hehe.
You are just THE BEST!!!! What you said about my blog just warmed my heart! Thank you!! 🙂 And, I eat my food in a funky way too, so we are kindred spirits. 🙂 Thanks for the nod, too. Really sweet. 🙂 Hugs!!
Hugs right back!!
Thanks for the shout out!
You are very welcome!!
Thank you again – you are really good for my often bruised ego. Just when I’m contemplating shutting ‘er down…. 😉
No! You can’t shut it down. That would be the saddest thing ever!!
As long as there are people who are wiling to read my daily therapy. 😉 Thanks again!
I will, so I guess that means you’re blog will always be up and running! YAY!
You really are good for the ego.
So honored! 🙂 Thanks for the feels!!
You are sublimely welcome!!
You know normally i’d wonder why haven’t a girl like you hasn’t been cloned. Except i know why. They wouldn’t stop making copies. Considering I have in common 4 out of 7..not sure if awesome or crazy hmm…. keep it up little one.
I’d definitely go with awesome. But then again, I’m crazy.
Thanks so much! Love your blog too. Sorry for the lateness of my reply … I’m what you might called very disorganized. And I have zero percent follow-through with awards. It’s not that I’m honored — strictly a matter of time. I’m lucky if I get around to brushing my teeth twice a day! But your funny post reminded me of two random things I can share about myself: I once had a dirty dream about Danny Devito (totally not kidding … It surprised me, too) and, of course, I snort. A lot.
OMG! My mother so has a thing for Danny Devito. She probably dreams about him all the time ON PURPOSE! Too funny! It’s ok. I had one about David Caruso…sunglasses and all.
Pingback: It’s Not Nice to Make an Old Battleaxe Cry! Dammit People! « jodiambroseblog
Yeah! Yahoo! Yippee! & Congratulations! Now I’m off to click on your nominee links.